Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Backups ,System Updates & Partitioning


With the Windows 10 Anniversary update coming this week and the current version giving me a hard time with lots of bugs like (frame freeze in the Movie Player when resized, Sudden Wi-Fi loss due to DHCP client crash and delay in reading my fingerprint during login by windows Hello ) . I finally had a chance to fix all this in one go with the Latest Redstone update.

As I began to download the update (the offline setup as i don't trust my internet connection for a direct live update: P)  It came to my thought that apart from my regular backup updates inside Windows ,I should create a system image as a last restore option as I couldn't risk losing all my progress on my Internship Project .So i started the windows image tool which ran for about a minute or so but kept crashing due to some conflict in Windows Shadow Copy Function 0x8078012D 

After an hour of searching i found out that it   due to Less Space in System Reserved Partition which I resolved using the tool : http://www.minitool.com/partition-manager.html


With 1 hour of downloading 2 hours of installation and next 2 hours in system maintenance and Disk Defragment I was back On my system that was  much faster ,stable  , and better in interface ( although the fingerprint reader completely stopped working after the update ). Looking Forward to update my Linux Ubuntu to 16.04 LTS update as soon as my Internship Project is complete.



No comments:

Post a Comment