Sunday, October 02, 2016

Hard Drive Failure !

Last to last week Finally my Hard Drive Failed which i wasn't expecting this soon as the Bad  sector Reallocation count as well below the Threshold Value  but it just happened All of sudden when system froze and when i tired to reboot it kept on freezing without booting up ..Even Ubuntu Didn't boot up because of the Disk Failure

Left with no option I rushed to the market and got Samsung EVO 850  ssd 250 gb to replace my HDD....(SSD are really expensive in comparison to HDD ) After which the real trouble started when the system Image I created in windows didn't load up in SSD due to its smaller size(although the size of image was still smaller than ssd size) so after 2 DAYS of multiple time swapping of in and out of ssd and trying to bring back my old HDD to life by re-writing the drive with its own image using external adapter and then Migrating my OS along with software's to SSD  . I was Finally Back up and running on my PC

Although still trying to figure out how to keep up with 250 gb space on SSD. ...So after a big hole in my pocket in buying ssd and days of troubleshooting the System has speed up phenomenally with power up to launching chrome in 25 sec and all apps launching withing 2-3 seconds even Visual Studio !! Love the new Speed and performance improvement

Hope PC stays like this for long time  :)

Pics of Me replacing HDD



No comments:

Post a Comment